Maariful Quran

In India whether triple talaq or word "talaq" said in one sitting results in a divorce or not has been a matter of debate for too long. To find out the truth about triple talaq and a statement by Taslima Nasrin that quran says that earth revolves around the sun encouraged me to read quran with translation.

On and off, I have been doing that and I have consumed lot of translations and tafseer in Urdu and English. I have been reading Ma'ariful Quran for many years now.

Ma'ariful Qur'an is an eight volume tafseer of Quran written by Late Mufti-e-Azam of Pakistan Mufti Muhammad Shafi. He is the father of Mufti Taqi Usmani. I like this tafseer because it is very comprehensive and brings opinions of other ulema as well.

Today, I finally finished volume 5 and started the sixth volume which started with Surah Mariam.

The translation of quran in this tafseer is the one done by Shaikhul Hind Maulana Mahmoodul Hasan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Indian Muslims spend 12,000 crores annually on marriages and umra

Spend from your wealth

Piety and activism