Cantabrigian

July 16th was last day of earning money in Florida. I packed my bags and moved to Massachusetts on July 18th and started a new job on July 20th.

On July 31st, I have got an apartment in Cambridge and now can be officially called Cantabrigian (resident of Cambridge). The city was established in 1630 and the congested streets show that. Many of the streets are one-way streets and they criss cross each other in very confusing way so it is not unusual to see 5-ways street crossings.



Fortunately, it has a very good commuter rail and bus system. It also means that you will find lot of people walking on the streets. Cambridge is also called "City of Squares," almost all street intersections are named. In most cases no idea who that person is or was. I suspect that most of the squares are named after historical people.

I was delightfully surprised to see Mushtaque Alikhan Mirza square.



Cambridge is also home to MIT and Harvard, so lot of brain capital here. I am sure IQ level of both Florida and Massachusetts have declined as a result of my migration.

As soon as I arrived here, Cambridge became the focus of national media. No, not because I arrived but because of Gatesgate

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Indian Muslims spend 12,000 crores annually on marriages and umra

Spend from your wealth

Piety and activism