A moderated life

So my medical test results came back today, I kind of expected that it is going to be a bad news but still it is depressing looking at. I feel fine and I am not visibly unhealthy. But I can feel that I am unfit, I can walk for miles but can not run more than few minutes. I am not overweight and don’t have terrible eating habits. I avoid junk food and do not overeat. So, why did I expect this bad news?

My life, unfortunately, revolves mostly around the computers. First work that pays money and second work that gives me job satisfaction, both requires that I am close to computers and staring at the computer screens. Between these two, I don’t have much time to do physical exercise and I would say that the physical and mental stress is taking its toll and it shows up in my medical test results.

Modern communication tools have made it possible for us to stretch ourselves and do more than our physical limitations. So thanks to internet, I can do my job here and also supervise bunch of people spread over geographical regions, have a discussions or debate with several people on different topics and probably at the same time using IM, email, and phone. Of course, this will affect the body somehow.

This led me to think that Allah has designed us to be moderate by nature so that we don’t go in any extremes. If I was single at this point in my life, I would have jumped on to journalism full time and may be have gone to extremes but being married forces to think hard before making any decision. If I have kids, I think extra-curricular activities will be restricted and I will begin to think seriously about career and work hard so as not to lose the present job for the sake of kids.

So I guess that is the point of life, be a little selfish. If all of us think about ourselves and our kids and give them good tarbiyat and life opportunities then some of us will not be planning exploitation, usurpation, dominance, and violence. Parents will be more involved in the lives of their children and make sure they are on the right path.

Individuals with strong moral values and a close-knit family is must for a strong society.

Comments

assalam alaikum, jazak allah khair.you are doing a great job .

whenever you time plz go through this link
http://deen-dunya.blogspot.com/
Assalam
very true brother..
if people had the sense to prioritise their lives the right way, the world wud be a better place to live in.....

and ya.. computers are big criminals ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Indian Muslims spend 12,000 crores annually on marriages and umra

Spend from your wealth

Piety and activism