IV: Criticizing the community

Islamic Voice, Dec 2009

December issue of IV is excellent, a number of useful articles and the best part of this issue is that IV did not hold anything while criticizing Muslim leaders and organizations. The criticized Jamiat Ulema Hind for selling the community so that Madani family can get one Rajya Sabha seat, reported on the mismanagement by Anjuma-e-Islam Mumbai's outgoing president, and did not approve of the rabble rousing of Abu Asim Azmi.

For the first time they limited reports on Sadathullah Khan's workshop to just one page instead of the usual two. Sadathullah Khan is the owner of IV and it seems he is more interested in his "Discover Yourself" workshop than running his magazine. Reports on his workshop is nothing but testimonials of the attendees and though I have been reading IV faithfully for the last 3-4 years I have no idea what this workshop is all about but all I know is that attendees come out very happy about it.

Overall, it was a good issue. If I had picked it up at a magazine stand, I would have said that I have got my Rs. 15 worth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Indian Muslims spend 12,000 crores annually on marriages and umra

Spend from your wealth

Piety and activism