Afar: travel magazine

I wish to travel all-over the world but for one reason or the another I have not been able to do that but I have kept my hope and interest alive by watching travel channel and recently used my soon-to-expire airline miles to subscribe to a new travel magazine "Afar." I have never heard of this magazine before so was not sure what to expect.

It is not exactly National Geographic but tries its best to be a travel magazine that looks for heart of the places that its writers go, I believe they fail to capture the soul but able to capture the heart. I would also say that writers have pretty clear Western slant meaning they are there as travelers and looking everything through a Westerner's eyes. Still, writing is engaging and photographs are great.

I Look forward to the next issue.


http://www.afar.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Indian Muslims spend 12,000 crores annually on marriages and umra

Spend from your wealth

Piety and activism