Dargahs

Mazars and dargahs are graves of pious Sufis and important people of yesteryears. Muslims should visit them as we are asked to visit graves to remind us about the ultimate reality-death and life after death. I visit dargahs to remind myself of the history of Islam in India and sacrifices made by so many to make Islam integral part of India. I wrote about my experience after visiting Dargah Hazrat Nizamuddin in 2008. Finding India in a Sufi Dargah. I have met people who go to dargaahs to ask for favors. There is no doubt that is shirk. And why go to someone or someplace when Allah says he is very near to us:
And when My servants ask you concerning Me, then surely I am very near; I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he calls on Me, so they should answer My call and believe in Me that they may walk in the right way. [Al Baqarah: 186]
So do visit dargaahs but not for asking for favors.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Indian Muslims spend 12,000 crores annually on marriages and umra

Spend from your wealth

Piety and activism